Wow, time flies when your having fun (or even if your not having fun). My kids are growing up. This picture was taken the day after Christmas so it is kind of old. Since I last wrote on my blog Robert not only graduated from high school but got a local scholarship for $1,500. This was a big surprise to me as well as to him. He hadn't bothered to even open, let alone give me, the letter that told me he would be receiving an award. Consequently he wasn't at the senior awards night and I didn't even know about it. Fortunately for text messaging he found out quickly that he had received a scholarship and that he better rush down and get it or he loses it. He made it down there and we are very grateful as the scholarship motivated him to stay up all night and finish what he needed to do graduate with his class. It was a great tender mercy which I acknowledge as such.
Joanna asked "How do you get a sholarship for not doing anything?" Once again I had to give my "I don't know?" answer. I am preparing her now to not expect a scholarship even with her 4.0 gpa and reminding her that life really isn't fair. Joanna is off to girls camp right now. We are hoping it doesn't snow on her or have a bear break in to their camp and eat their food which is what happened in years past. She is very excited to have a break from school and I am excited for her as it was painful watching her do so much homework.
James is swimming on a swim team this summer and is amazing. He will be in good shape for football which is what he lives for. He is off to deacons camp next week and is going to try and get around 13 merit badges while there. Wow! He has 3 full time lawns that he mows each week besides Grandpas which keeps him busy. He is a hard worker and everyone is jealous of the amount of money he is earning. He wants to buy an ipad with it.
Taylor has now taken over mowing our big back yard. He was so excited for exactly one week. I was pretty depresse dwhen he already moaned about doing it the second week. It was bad weather (surprise, surprise). Taylor is also swimming on the bronze team and also trying to get in shape for tackle football. Lynn and I tried bribing him to doing flag football one more year and he won't have anything to do with it. We are afraid he is going to get smeared by big kids but I do have to say he is tough and I can't say no just because I am afraid for him. It will be interesting what he thinks about it. He has braces and glasses now which makes he look older.
Dallin is doing coach pitch and loves it. He is so excited to be out of school and loves to play computer games and the wii. He is an amazing reader and can hold his own during family scriptures now.
Kyle is enjoying everyone being home. He is into playing with his best friend Skyler and could spend every day with him. He already has many scrapes and bruises from playing.
We planted our first garden and all the kids are loving helping take care of it.

2 comments:
Thanks for the update! Love the picture!
I'm so glad you updated your blog. Its so good to see all your good looking boys and beautiful daughter and hear about what they are doing. I'm glad Robert graduated and made you proud.
Post a Comment