Monday, January 26, 2009

Read the fine Print

Last week I went to renew my Drivers License. I was in a hurry (as usual) and finished filling out the paperwork while standing in line. Needless to say I didn’t read the questions very well. When I got ready to get my picture the lady asked me to look over all the stuff and tell her if everything looked ok. I looked it over and asked her why the expiration date was one year instead of 4 years away. She said that was because I had answered yes to the question about me being registered as a sex offender! I quickly cleared up that I wasn’t and that I had not read the questions carefully enough. When I looked at it again it had asked if I was honest in my answers to the following question. I assumed that it was asking me if I had been honest in my previous questions and that’s why I had answered yes. I never even read the following question. So, I thankfully caught the mistake before it went on my records and I learned my lesson to not skim important documents! Needles to say, I was a little flustered and my picture turned out terrible. It was wonderful that I could ask her if she could redo it. She must have thought I was a dork. I felt like one.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I love it! That is an awesome story.

Rick and T said...

what is it with the dmv and their camera's. my picture looks like Kojoe, if you know who that is ... he's the gay fashion designer on tv. I was to embarrassed to get a retake but i need to because people take a double take.. it so doesn't look like me. I think they take stupid shots so they can laugh at them on their breaks on our tax dollars! i'm serious!!

A Musing Mother said...

Do you also read the fine print of those pesky suggested speed limits? Not that I would know, but speeding in a school zone is very expensive.