Lynn and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary. You know when I got married and we could only afford to go to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon I thought for sure that by the time we had our 20th anniversary we would go somewhere romantic and exotic. A few years into marriage I became more realistic and realized you don't have to go somewhere exotic to honor and celebrate being married. Just being with Lynn is special and good enough for me. It is rare that we get time alone.
On our actual anniversary we were at Bear Lake. We went to the play at Pickleville playhouse of "Juanito Bandito" with the kids and Lynn's family. It was sooo funny and we had a blast. The next week-end we planned on doing something just the two of us and decided it was off to the "big city" to go out to dinner and to the movie"inception." Well, as usual we tried to plan too much for one day and before we knew it we weren't going to have enough time and we ended up in Heber driving our suburban to Arby's. As we were sitting there eating Lynn said, "so, are you disapointed that we are eating at Arby's for our twentieth anniversary?" I told him I slpurged and ordered what I really wanted (not the cheapest thing) plus I ordered the banana split milkshake ,so I was good! We had to laugh that we can be ok with Arby's for the 20th anniversary! I am grateful I am more in love today than I was 20 years ago and I'd be happy going anywhere that I don't have to cook!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't be jealous but my honeymoon was spent at "The Homestead." Our wedding night meal was at McDonald's. I was completely starved.
Post a Comment