Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to teaching

I realized my last blog was the night before I ran the half marathon. I'm sure I left you all hanging as to whether I finished the race which I was I haven't written for two months! Well, to diffuse all rumor, I did finish the race and actually had an enjoyable time. It didn't take me quite two months to recover. As to why I haven't written for so long there are lots of excuses but let's sum it up into one word of STRESS. Raising kids is stressful. I'm sure you already know that so I won't elaborate more than that.

I will say that one excuse is that I have started teaching preschool on M, W, and F mornings which has complicated my life even more. I now feel proud of myself if I get breakfast dishes done before dinner time let alone make dinner . I'm not proud of this next story but I will say I am proud of my husband for being so understanding. The other night Lynn got home just in time for the two of us to go to dog training class. I said to him "please tell me you had a late lunch because I don't have anything for dinner?" Unfortunately, the answer was that he didn't have any lunch. I decided to rummage through the fridge and find some leftovers, heat them up and drive so he could eat. As he was trying to eat he finally said "what is this?" to which I responded "chili". I then looked more closely and realized I had heated up plain spaghetti sauce (with meat mind you). So, there is probably one of the worst things I have offered Lynn. I won't open this up for anyone to remind me of the other bad dinners I have offered. Dinner isn't my strong point but I am really good at breakfasts! Too bad Lynn doesn't eat breakfast very often.

Back to teaching. A few weeks into teaching 11 four year olds by myself for 2 1/2 hours I wondered what in the heck I had gotten myself into! Fortunately, I remembered that the beginning of the year is always hard and I am happy to report that things are getting better. I do have a good class but the boys like to challenge me in every way. Kyle goes to the class that starts just before mine. He loves it and it makes it worth it.

No comments: