This last weekend we had Stake Conference and we were priviliged to have Jeffrey Holland be our visiting general authority because our stake presidency was getting reorganized. I think I know why Lynn was dreaming in Italy that he was interviewing for the Pope because he was worried about an interview that was scheduled when we got home with Pres. Holland. All of the Bishops were interviewed and asked who they thought should be the new Stake President. Lynn's interview went well and he was told to stay by his phone in case he and his wife needed any follow-up interviews. We then went to Taylor's piano festival where he was so energetic and excited about performing. He did awesome and we were relieved that when Lynn's phone rang it was only work people, not church people calling.
That night and the next morning we were spiritual fed by Pres. Hollands words. He was so personal and funny and powerful in what he said. I've never experienced anything like it before. We were excited to find out that our new stake president was Michael Nelson who was the 1st councilor in the stake presidency previous. A few days earlier he had interviewed Lynn for a temple recommend and I commented to him that he only had a week left to which he responded he only had 5 days left. I laughed and told him he was trunky. Well, I guess he had to have a whole new train of thought to be willing to say yes to 9-10 more years of intensive service. He really is a neat man and will do a great job. Incidentally he is Lynn's sister Amy's boss so we have been teasing her that she will be doing more church related work for him now.
Our old stake president's wife has cancer and she was able to recieve a blessing from Pres. Holland while he was here. He also gave an apostolic blessing to the audience on Sunday. It was a neat week-end.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment