Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring break

Joanna had her foot surgery this morning and things went well. The Dr. said the tendon wasn't attached properly and so he reattached the tendon and tightened it up. Joanna did well. She was so nervous that she would say stupid things when she was loopy and coming out of the medicine. I had to laugh that she really dumb say something stupid because she said, "maybe I do like surgery." Aren't we grateful for medicine!
The physical therapist who taught her how to use crutches said she was a natural which is a good thing because crutches are going to be her best friend for 6 weeks.
We had a fun day yesterday taking all the kids to S.L. and exploring the Gateway and temple square. We saw the movie "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the restoration" and really enjoyed it. It was quite a momentous occasion that we went exploring all day without a stroller! It's so weird to actually start believing when people say your kids grow up fast. I would hold time right here for awhile if I could.
I better go feed my kids since I have to be a real mom without Joanna's help!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Lisa - I realized today that I haven't communicated with you since way before the Sisters' Retreat. I feel badly. I've spent more time in the office during this tax season than before and time has just gotten away from me. I heard it was fun and I hope that some year our practice won't get in the way of some of these get togethers. Some day...

I hope Joanna is recovering well. It's always nice to find an answer and solution for what ails our children.

We hope we can see you all soon!

Rick and T said...

Glad you had a great spring break! Except for joanna!
Hope you have a great Birthday LISA!
Have a great day!

Bob and Vickie said...

Glad your B-Day was good. Sorry about Joanna's surgery, but happy things will be better soon. Crutches are really difficult, but do make life possible!
Sounds like Easter was a great time at your house. We love and miss you all.
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma