Wednesday, April 15, 2009

annoying phone calls!

I am asking for anyone's help regarding how to get rid of two annoying phone calls (a credit card and auto warranty) who have somehow got my number and call almost once a day for several months now! For many months I would just hang up as soon as I heard the computer, then when they wouldn't stop calling I finally listened and pushed #2 which supposedly took me off their list. When that didn't help anything I finally pushed #1 and talked to a representative. The first person I talked to was very nice and told me she would take my number off her list but I would still get calls because more than one location obviously has my number on their list. After that whenever I get the call I push #1 to try and tell the person to take me off their list. The first two times I admit I was rude and they hung up on my within seconds. The last two times I wasn't even rude and they hung up on me as soon as I asked them their name. I am fit to be tied!
I have tempered over the years and though I could always use improvement I am more mellow. For instance, it is snowing so hard right now outside on Apr. 15th but I'm fine about it. I have been very proud of myself in that I have finally learned to control myself when it comes to saying those 3 swear words I used to say, but this situation is pushing me to my limit! I'm afraid those 3 swear words and a lot more are going to come out in a big way if these two companies don't stop calling me. My sister said she asked for a manager once to try and get her name off the list and even the manager hung up on her. There has got to be something that can be done but I don't know what. I'm about ready to call Gephardt but I don't know if he can even help. Please tell me that someone knows a simple solution to helping me keep my sanity. Is there a number that can be called to report something like this? I hope that some of you have avoided these annoying companies but I have a hunch that many of you are experiencing the same thing. Any suggestions anyone?

2 comments:

Kent said...

We let our kids answer the phone and say anything they want to telemarketers. Jacie is very creative in what she says "Sorry.. I am in the shower right now"!!

A Musing Mother said...

If you are still getting calls after asking to be put on their "Do Not Call List," you can contact the Better Business Bureau and report them. Also, look up the "Do Not Call" list on the internet and add yourself to the list. Make sure it's legit before you offer your information, obviously.

When we were in our Orem home, I counted five unsolicited calls a day more than once. I nearly changed my number because I was so aggravated.