Lynn is the 2nd one from the right.


As all of you know it isn't easy coming back from a vacation. Even though the weather didn't improve much in the Bahamas we still did most everything we planned on doing. We were thankful for the wet suits that they made us wear when we swam with the Dolphins. It was fun and my favorite part. Lynn of course enjoyed the thrill adventure of feeding sharks and I was grateful I wasn't certified in scuba diving so that I could pass on that adventure. Lynn said it was intense and they were all folding their arms because the instructor told them to do that so a shark wouldn't think there arms were food and bite.
I enjoyed jogging on the beach especially when it was yecky weather and only me and a handful of people were out there! Lynn ended up having to fly to Orlando for a conference when it was time to go so I came home with the rest of the group.
When I came back home I was pleased to find out the kids did well and there weren't any major issues. Our babysitters were awesome and we appreciated their help! Robert had a hey day while we were gone especially when the kids were on there own on Sunday and Monday. I was a TAD frustrated when I got in the suburban and saw at least 50 items of leftover snowclothes and equipment. I began chucking them into a huge pile in the garage. When I got to the skis even I recognized that those were a nice pair of skis and I controlled myself enough to set them down nicely. I then had a talk with Robert that IF he is going to sluff school and take our Suburban to go snowboarding with his friends it might be a good idea to at least try to hide the evidence next time! (please tell me I'm not the only mom that has had to teach such an obvious thing)
He tried to explain to me that ANY teenager is going to go a little crazy when there parents are gone! He usually tries to get my sympathy by reminding me what I used to do when I was a teenager, but after always answering him that I never did any of those things when I was a teenager he has finally stopped saying that and has just concluded that I was THE most boring teenager ever. My parents must have been grateful to have such a boring teenager!

2 comments:
what a awesome time! i can't believe lynn got in with the sharks!!!!! no way! robert is a active child! i'm having a break from teenagers thanks goodness!
sorry i have not called you back yet! i will talk to you soon. thanks for your concern!! the weather is getting good down here. come visit!!
Wow! Your trip looks AMAZING! I can't imagine "feeding" the sharks. I saw Jaws when I was 10 and was scarred for life. I swear there are sharks in Bear Lake, Lake Powell, and deep ends of the swimming pool.
Gorgeous pictures.
Post a Comment