Thursday, July 10, 2008

funerals, vacations, and aloha




It was so much fun reading everyones blog that I hadn't read for awhile and writing in my own that I decided to try again today.

I didn't mention Lynn much yesterday so I'll briefly catch you up on his life. I finally decided to give my ok for him to get a buzz cut which he has wanted for awhile now. I kept telling him I wanted him to keep his hair long as long as he had hair since he probably won't have it much longer. He got the buzz and I doubt I'll ever see it long again. He loves it and rebuzzed himself 2 weeks later. It is growing on me.
He has been busy with conducting 3 funerals in the last few weeks. Hopefully he will take a break from that for awhile. Two of them were elderly but one was a 16 yr. old that died from diabetes that she didn't even know she had. It was sad.

We haven't had any vacations yet this summer but now have 3 short ones planned. Lynn's boss has invited us to Lake Powell for a few days which will be a blast for the kids. I am nervous about everyone coming home safely but I hope we will be fine. Then we head to Bear Lake with Lynn's family, and the day after we get back we are heading to my family reunion in Arizona.

After that we say goodbye to Lynn's parents who just got their official mission call today to Hawaii for two years. They will be working at the PCC. I am proud of them for being willing to go and serve. They leave in one month and are very excited. The kids are already telling us they want to save their money so we can go visit when they are done. It would be nice if it was only them who had to save their money and not us.

We will then celebrate Dallin's Roberts, and Lynn's birthdays and school will be here. Wow, I'm tired just writing down what we are doing. I better go take a nap!

1 comment:

Christy/Mom said...

I loved all the cute family photos. Sounds like you're having a great summer. I have to admit, though, that the surfing you tube was the best.

Love ya,
Christy